Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Kernel on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:00 am

The Celtics have mixed things up with a mid-season trade transaction. 99 Overall rookie J.P Jennings has been traded from the Orlando Magic in exchange for Christian Hamilton. The Celtics also managed to scoop up Jett Foye from the Bulls in exchange for Clint Maggette and Marc Edwards! What a fortunate turnaround for the Celtics! What does this mean for the Bulls and Magic however? Are we bound to see a Celtic championship team this year? Will this be for the worst or for the best for the Celtics? Time will only tell ladies and gentlemen.
avatar
Kernel
Coder
Coder

Posts Posts : 44
Points Points : 27499
Join date Join date : 2012-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Washington on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:04 am

This is such a stupid trade. It had to be forced. Who would trade their star rookie in the middle of the season? Who would give up their star player for a mediocre center and a worthless center/benchwarmer?
avatar
Washington
Registered User
Registered User

Posts Posts : 124
Points Points : 75071
Join date Join date : 2015-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Ratrix on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Washington wrote:This is such a stupid trade. It had to be forced. Who would trade their star rookie in the middle of the season? Who would give up their star player for a mediocre center and a worthless center/benchwarmer?
It wasn't forced. They're building a team because Vlad is leaving.
avatar
Ratrix
Registered User
Registered User

Posts Posts : 24
Points Points : 7455
Join date Join date : 2012-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Malachi on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:10 pm

The Celtics are about to be booming. If they move Collins to the Small Forward position and bench Pope, they will be unstoppable. That's Vlad, Jett, and Jennings all on the same floor.

Malachi
Registered User
Registered User

Posts Posts : 1
Points Points : 621
Join date Join date : 2016-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Glitchwolf on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Vladimir Collins is leaving, he has a year left in his contract.

Glitchwolf
Registered User
Registered User

Posts Posts : 10
Points Points : 5035
Join date Join date : 2012-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Combz on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:14 pm

Glitchwolf wrote:Vladimir Collins is leaving, he has a year left in his contract.
You're crazy if you think the Celtics won't do everything in their power to keep this dude.
avatar
Combz
Supernova+
Supernova+

Posts Posts : 7
Points Points : 4360
Join date Join date : 2012-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Glitchwolf on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:15 pm

Combz wrote:
Glitchwolf wrote:Vladimir Collins is leaving, he has a year left in his contract.
You're crazy if you think the Celtics won't do everything in their power to keep this dude.
It doesn't matter. The Celtics don't have the money, and Vlad wants his money's worth.

Glitchwolf
Registered User
Registered User

Posts Posts : 10
Points Points : 5035
Join date Join date : 2012-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Optical on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:17 pm

What a fortunate trade for the Celtics. They're flying up the power rankings. Will they upset Charlotte?

Optical
Operator
Operator

Posts Posts : 3
Points Points : 1860
Join date Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Bahala on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Optical wrote:What a fortunate trade for the Celtics. They're flying up the power rankings. Will they upset Charlotte?
No sir. Take your ridiculous posts elsewhere.
avatar
Bahala
Registered User
Registered User

Posts Posts : 10
Points Points : 6200
Join date Join date : 2016-08-03

"Living takes an entire lifetime. You got a long way to go."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Radiance on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:31 pm

Bahala wrote:
Optical wrote:What a fortunate trade for the Celtics. They're flying up the power rankings. Will they upset Charlotte?
No sir. Take your ridiculous posts elsewhere.
They play February 12, 2025. Get ready kids.
avatar
Radiance
Moderator
Moderator

Posts Posts : 5
Points Points : 3102
Join date Join date : 2012-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by John on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 pm

It doesn't even matter really if Vladimir leaves or stays, they will be good regardless. Two 99's.
avatar
John
Registered User
Registered User

Posts Posts : 116
Points Points : 71301
Join date Join date : 2013-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Combz on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:58 pm

John wrote:It doesn't even matter really if Vladimir leaves or stays, they will be good regardless. Two 99's.
It DOES matter, and he's NOT going anywhere. Vladimir Collins is the only reason the Celtics have ever been in the playoff picture and their not going to drop him just because they picked up some ninety-nines.
avatar
Combz
Supernova+
Supernova+

Posts Posts : 7
Points Points : 4360
Join date Join date : 2012-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by ZeroInfinity on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:34 pm

J.P. Jennings is taking the Celtics by storm. They honestly don't even need Vladimir Collins.

ZeroInfinity
Registered User
Registered User

Posts Posts : 1
Points Points : 620
Join date Join date : 2012-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Stanley on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:37 pm

Yes, they're building a superteam. I wouldn't be surprised in they beat the Bobcats, but I don't think it will happen.
avatar
Stanley
Guru
Guru

Posts Posts : 20
Points Points : 12475
Join date Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Ablue Tux on Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Glitchwolf wrote:
Combz wrote:
Glitchwolf wrote:Vladimir Collins is leaving, he has a year left in his contract.
You're crazy if you think the Celtics won't do everything in their power to keep this dude.
It doesn't matter. The Celtics don't have the money, and Vlad wants his money's worth.
They're probably going to lose Vladimir, but the Celtics organization is going to try very hard to keep him. They want to stack up on championships.
avatar
Ablue Tux
Registered User
Registered User

Posts Posts : 14
Points Points : 8066
Join date Join date : 2012-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Glitchwolf on Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Ablue Tux wrote:
Glitchwolf wrote:
Combz wrote:
Glitchwolf wrote:Vladimir Collins is leaving, he has a year left in his contract.
You're crazy if you think the Celtics won't do everything in their power to keep this dude.
It doesn't matter. The Celtics don't have the money, and Vlad wants his money's worth.
They're probably going to lose Vladimir, but the Celtics organization is going to try very hard to keep him. They want to stack up on championships.
The Celtic organization doesn't give a fuck about Vladimir Collins anymore. They wasted their money on him hoping he would bring glory to the team, and because he didn't they obtained to astronomical players basically to shadow Collins, making him a small forward and placing him second to Alfred Pope. He's getting no playing time, and when he does play, he's his average self.

Glitchwolf
Registered User
Registered User

Posts Posts : 10
Points Points : 5035
Join date Join date : 2012-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Washington on Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:43 pm

Glitchwolf wrote:
Ablue Tux wrote:
Glitchwolf wrote:
Combz wrote:
Glitchwolf wrote:Vladimir Collins is leaving, he has a year left in his contract.
You're crazy if you think the Celtics won't do everything in their power to keep this dude.
It doesn't matter. The Celtics don't have the money, and Vlad wants his money's worth.
They're probably going to lose Vladimir, but the Celtics organization is going to try very hard to keep him. They want to stack up on championships.
The Celtic organization doesn't give a fuck about Vladimir Collins anymore. They wasted their money on him hoping he would bring glory to the team, and because he didn't they obtained to astronomical players basically to shadow Collins, making him a small forward and placing him second to Alfred Pope. He's getting no playing time, and when he does play, he's his average self.

He's not average, he's a damn 96/97 overall.
avatar
Washington
Registered User
Registered User

Posts Posts : 124
Points Points : 75071
Join date Join date : 2015-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Baylor on Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:29 pm

They didn't upset the Bobs. Vladimir didn't even play and J.P got shut down by Moon. The Celtics will never be good regardless of who's on there.
avatar
Baylor
Registered User
Registered User

Posts Posts : 13
Points Points : 8064
Join date Join date : 2014-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Whizard on Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:56 am

Baylor wrote:They didn't upset the Bobs. Vladimir didn't even play and J.P got shut down by Moon. The Celtics will never be good regardless of who's on there.
I'd just like to point out that this team is in the third round of the playoffs, possibly going to the finals. shut the fuck up.
avatar
Whizard
Registered User
Registered User

Posts Posts : 9
Points Points : 3104
Join date Join date : 2012-12-12

"When we learn to love,
that's when we'll progress."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade: Are the Celtics building a Superteam?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum